1 week in SE Asia but where?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by steepk, Aug 11, 2016.

1. steepk

steepk Member

Hi guys,

I'm 24 yrs old lad and wanting some fun in Asia. Beaches, coconuts, chicks, no ladyboys, good food, nightlife and less scam are what I'm after.

I thought Philippines was a good option but did not read good reviews about that. So where would you recommend me?

Also I don't speak any Asian languages.

Finally planning to go around mid November.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. chopdrifter

chopdrifter Bearded Pirate

Howdy brother,

This is a hard question. Asia has loads of great places and 1 week really isn't long enough for any of them if you are flying in from the states... you are going to need 2 days to recoup from the flight.

The Philippines is fine it just isn't as pretty as, say, Thailand.

In the Philippines, you probably have a better chance of getting laid without money and English is more widely spoken there.

Scams are in any big city in the world.

As for cities to go to, every city in SEA has plusses and minuses, I personally try to stay out of the major cities like BKK and Manila and go to Secondary cities like Phuket and Cebu.

Are you wanting to have a 24-hour party while you are there? If you are, go to Pattaya.

Are you wanting to relax? If so, Go to Palawan...

199flags likes this.
  3. steepk

steepk Member

Thanks for the response. I'm actually flying from Australia. So it only takes 9.5 hrs to fly to BKK and no direct flight to Manila so takes between 12-17 hours there.

I'm a bit worried about Thailand as they don't speak English at all.

I also don't really have any monetary issues. So I'm happy to pay a bit extra. (such as I recently went to Fiji and spending AU$30-40 = US$25-30 for a dinner wasn't a big issue for few days)

chopdrifter likes this.
  4. DonTravolta

DonTravolta le spicy memer

No worries about english in Thailand. Money talks. When they know they'll lose your 20 baht for language barrier they suddenly level up on their communication skills.

Pattaya would be nice for a one week party spree. The beach is ugly but you can take a ferry to Ko Larn for better beaches.

drifter, chopdrifter and wanderluster like this.
  5. DonTravolta

AC doesn't have a beach u fkn cunt

Skins and wanderluster like this.
  6. steepk

steepk Member

What about Boracay?

Anywhere else in Thailand? Pattaya seems like a bit of an issue (as it takes a while from the airport etc.)

7. DonTravolta

Pattaya is the closest to bkk. About 1 hr taxi ride from bkk airport, you can't beat that.

chopdrifter likes this.
  8. steepk

steepk Member

Also water sports will be nice too.

chopdrifter likes this.
  9. DonTravolta

Jetski or pissing in girl's mouths? Both available in Pattaya tho :p

drifter, The Chef and wanderluster like this.
  10. DonTravolta

Sure will. Can't wait to see it myself tbh.

11. steepk

steepk Member

No I mean for jetski, parasailing etc. not for surfing. I particularly want jetski as some places in Australia want you to have a jetski license and stupid other stuff (plus it's very expensive here)

12. southernallstars

southernallstars Well-Known Member

They have tons of water sports including jet ski and para sailing in Boracay, but not so many whores if you want to monger. Better go there with a gf! The seafood is very nice, though.

wanderluster likes this.
  13. steepk

steepk Member

Okay so we don't get everything in one place then :(

Still if I don't want whores are there any nice party places there that lasts till mid night?

14. wanderluster

wanderluster Curry Bling Bling

It is expensive in Pattaya too. And Jetski scams are notorious. Never happened to me but I have witnessed first hand.

15. chopdrifter

I have some friends with a dive shop in Phuket... one of them is a British guy if you want to dive.

16. chopdrifter

you could do everything in Phuket... one stop shop

swissss and southernallstars like this.
  17. southernallstars

Yes, not really cool, but a few clubs, some live music. And you don't need any licenses for jetski, they just want to see the money there.

18. southernallstars

phuket has loads of mongering options and cool night spots. I had a busty pretty topless Thai girl in Baccara sitting on my lap for ten minutes just for a ladies drink. It's like a pet zoo, great value! It's not really the place I would go as a single traveller, though

Skins and swissss like this.
  19. southernallstars

No, it was Suzie Wong, not Baccara

wanderluster likes this.
  20. southernallstars

imo generally true for beach locations, you don't have too much to do during the day time and most people there travel with company, including couples and families. As a single traveller, I prefer cities or places like Pattaya or Angeles!

chopdrifter and wanderluster like this.
agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines