Best City To Live in Cambodia?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Skins, May 2, 2017.

1. flashman

flashman A Gentleman & Deviant

You chaps have convinced me. I'm going to PP.

Skins and drifter like this.
  2. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

Cheap beer. Good food. Weed. Barely legal brown skin hookers. It's a recipe for a fun weekend.

3. Skins

Kep is a nice little town. I've been there and Kampot. I should write location reviews for these places.

drifter likes this.
  4. flashman

flashman A Gentleman & Deviant

Where in PP should one stay?

I'm thinking near their version of Nana, but with just a hint of class encase I get some dates.

5. southernallstars

southernallstars Well-Known Member

I found their bars quite shitty and halfway a tourist trap. It has been 1,5 years, but back then Pontoon was best, though it doesn't compare to Hiso. The nicest area in town is the riverside.

Mikefox likes this.
  6. the lockmaster

the lockmaster Well-Known Member

I second that. The Riverside area is where all of the tourists are. It's near most of the main girly bar streets. Can easily walk to them from that area. Just jump on Agoda and check out what you like. They have all price ranges. Also, I like to visit that website 'Bar Girl Friendly hotels' and then check them against the different Agoda reviews. The operator of that site usually posts some nice places as well. Not just cheap whore-shacks, but you can find those on there too.

Street 136 would be their version of Nana.

Although street 104 has been my favorite the past few visits.

drifter, Skins and Mikefox like this.
  7. Mikefox

Mikefox Well-Known Member

All great advice and couldnt agree more with lockmaster.

I stayed in 2 different hotels for about £10 each basic but does the job I assume they were guest friendly but didnt actually check it out.

If you want some cheap action (quality not great but good value lol) head along the riverside past true face nightclub and about 3 roads down turn left and you will see massage places with little red chairs outside starting price is $20 for the full monty or dont turn left keep walking and you see places with boards saying massage 10,000 riel or £2 to us there all brass houses where I know they charge as low as $10.

If you want a bike I rented from new new motobike rentals next to lucky lucky motorbike rentals for $5 a day with no aggro (they love doubling up on the names dont ask me why)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Skins likes this.
  8. Skins

I would stay on the riverside anywhere between Street 104 and The Royal Palace. A lot of bars and restaurants are walkable. Tuk Tuk drivers are everywhere if you need a lift. Trust me... You can't miss those guys... :rolleyes:

What's your budget? This place looks nice for $30 per night.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 8.59.28 PM.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    GuidoSexMachine and flashman like this.
  9. the lockmaster

$30 bucks a night will get you something really solid in Phnom Penh.

$50-60/night and you are basically living in the lap of luxury in that country.

Skins likes this.
  10. Skins

The beauty of Vietnam and Cambodia is you can travel around the whole country and just live in $15 per night hotels. $1,000 per month can give you a decent lifestyle and complete freedom to move around.

drifter and southernallstars like this.
  11. Skins

@ryan754326 @lucalbert What's the best chat app for Cambodia? Do they use Zalo? WeChat? I'm assuming I can find good girls and hookers on these apps similar to Vietnam.

12. ryan754326

ryan754326 Well-Known Member

WeChat is full of high class NagaWorld hookers and ladyboys.
    I don't know of any Khmer chicks using Zalo, but there's lots of Vietnamese in Cambodia, so someone must be on it.
    Badoo is mostly populated by bar girls and it's slim pickings on there. You're better off just going to the bars in person.
    I don't have Facebook, so Tinder is off limits to me, maybe ask @flashman about that.

Cambodia seems to be behind the times when it comes to online dating (and dating in general), but then I'm pretty low effort when it comes to picking up good girls, and even lower effort with the dating apps.
    I'm satisfied enough with bar hopping in Phnom Penh, but if there is some online gold mine than I'm missing out on, I'd be happy to hear about it.

13. Skins

Thanks. I'm trying to stay out of the bars these days but I can hit it hard on the weekend and collect a bunch of numbers. There are some girls in Phnom Penh on Asian Dating but the results are pathetic compared to neighboring countries.

14. the lockmaster

@Skins ,@ryan754326

There wasn't much in the way of the online apps on my last trip to PP. Which was end of April?? Beginning May?

Barely anything on Tinder. A few WeChat hookers. Nothing like Saigon.

As Ryan said, best to just hit the bars/shops/restos and collect numbers.

If only there for a few days, just hit one of the many lady bar streets. Fuck dating.

GuidoSexMachine, Skins and ryan754326 like this.
  15. lucalbert

lucalbert Well-Known Member

Not sure about what is best one, I met a lot who used Messenger and WhatsApp and a few on WeChat....(it is Chinese) and that is the 'flavor of the day' in Cambodia right now.

Skins likes this.
  16. lucalbert

$20 a night is plenty....I've had $10 nights that were awesome and I've had girls call me and give me freebies after a few paid nights. I am always very respectful and treat them nicely, and it paid off in spades at times.

GuidoSexMachine and Skins like this.
  17. lucalbert

I'm gonna put in my two cents on this, as I have spent a little time in many cities here. Phnom Pehn, did not like it too much, for the reasons you mentioned.
    Siem Reap is a great place, especially if you can hook up with some locals. I had a good girl girlfriend and her friends show me around and keep my budget lower than I could ever have imagined. I found a few repeat freelancers who were friendly and quite inexpensive ($10-15). It is easy to get around and I went to a gym there fairly regularly. Pub Street was fun and busy, but can become a bit monotonous as it doesn't change too much. Some things are costly, as it is a tourist destination, but if you have local help, not an issue.
    Battambang is a nice, cozy small town with wide streets and a relaxed atmosphere, I stayed a week and was celibate there as it had a history of HIV and that's not something I am willing to risk. It has some real charm and seems a bit more French (the architecture) than other cities in Cambodia as well as being in a more fertile area, the market seem to have a better selection.
    Sihanoukville is maybe my favorite city, as I stayed there for about 3 months, give or take. I kinda stuck to the main part of the city....keeping the two Lions at the center of my general area of choice, I lived about 2 kms towards the downtown area, nearer the market and to Serendipity Beach and everywhere in between. I went to the other parts of the city such as Victory Hill, and Otres Beach, but these were not for me. I had some 'good girl' girlfriends that I met and courted over time as well as some whores I met at the 'Square' and the beach freelancers. I had a great room for $4 a night that had a queen bed, tv, air, clean toilet and it was gated and a competent guard dog.
    Kampot may be one of Cambodia's best kept secrets, if you're into a relaxed atmosphere. There is very little pressure from the locals for spending and the streets are clean and it smells 'fresher' here than anywhere else I'd been, the 'girlie' action was not too easy to find, but it was not bad considering the size if the town. I would consider this a place to retire to, I have not been to Kep, but I hear good things.

The thing about Cambodia is, well, it's Cambodia, and that is in itself a bit of an issue. It is called the Wild West of Asia for a reason, meaning it can be quite unsafe, if you are not aware of your surroundings and your behavior. I met a guy in Sihanoukville who was a big mouth with negative attitude and not a great demeanor, I didn't like him from that one meeting (we were introduced because he was a Canadian, as am I). I later heard he got 'axed' in the head and robbed between Otres and the main part of the city, on the dark stretch of road there, he lived, but he was lucky. Would he have been targeted if he was not a big mouthed ass? I'd like to think so. I have also met some of the nicest people there and am still in contact regularly, and I had never felt at risk there.
    Anyways, sorry for my rant, but Cambodia is very near and dear to my heart.

18. Skins

Great post Luc. Where can I find some action in Kampot? I might stay there for a few days. The surrounding area looks great for exploring on a motorbike. Kep and Bokor mountain. I went to Kampot for one afternoon then went back to Snooky so I don't really know anything about the place.

Khanh likes this.
  19. Skins

This was in Sihanoukville? Damn that's cheap. Was it a hostel or private room? What's the name? I stayed at GBT right on the beach last time. $15 for AC room. But the wifi was unusable which was annoying. I don't like commuting around with my MacBook and pulling it out at little shack bars to work.

20. Mikefox

Mikefox Well-Known Member

Go over the walking bridge towards bokor mountain and as you exit the bridge turn left and about 2-300yards on the left opposite 9 star ktv you will see a little red doorway (women may or may not be outside on there red chairs) a foodstall is next door cost is $20 and if you turn right off the bridge on the left there is a massage place with one banged out women for same price.

Quality isnt great the first is sketchy as fuck but does the job.

Apparently there is rub and tugs near durian roundabout.

All my info was from cambodia redcat so take a look.

GuidoSexMachine and Skins like this.
meet sexy vietnamese girls online vietnam cupid online dating guide sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines