Best City To Live in Cambodia?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Skins, May 2, 2017.

1. flashman

flashman A Gentleman & Deviant

You chaps have convinced me. I'm going to PP.

Skins and drifter like this.
  2. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

Cheap beer. Good food. Weed. Barely legal brown skin hookers. It's a recipe for a fun weekend.

ryan754326, drifter and flashman like this.
  3. Skins

Kep is a nice little town. I've been there and Kampot. I should write location reviews for these places.

drifter likes this.
  4. flashman

flashman A Gentleman & Deviant

Where in PP should one stay?

I'm thinking near their version of Nana, but with just a hint of class encase I get some dates.

5. southernallstars

southernallstars Well-Known Member

I found their bars quite shitty and halfway a tourist trap. It has been 1,5 years, but back then Pontoon was best, though it doesn't compare to Hiso. The nicest area in town is the riverside.

Mikefox likes this.
  6. the lockmaster

the lockmaster Well-Known Member

I second that. The Riverside area is where all of the tourists are. It's near most of the main girly bar streets. Can easily walk to them from that area. Just jump on Agoda and check out what you like. They have all price ranges. Also, I like to visit that website 'Bar Girl Friendly hotels' and then check them against the different Agoda reviews. The operator of that site usually posts some nice places as well. Not just cheap whore-shacks, but you can find those on there too.

Street 136 would be their version of Nana.

Although street 104 has been my favorite the past few visits.

Skins and Mikefox like this.
  7. Mikefox

Mikefox Well-Known Member

All great advice and couldnt agree more with lockmaster.

I stayed in 2 different hotels for about £10 each basic but does the job I assume they were guest friendly but didnt actually check it out.

If you want some cheap action (quality not great but good value lol) head along the riverside past true face nightclub and about 3 roads down turn left and you will see massage places with little red chairs outside starting price is $20 for the full monty or dont turn left keep walking and you see places with boards saying massage 10,000 riel or £2 to us there all brass houses where I know they charge as low as $10.

If you want a bike I rented from new new motobike rentals next to lucky lucky motorbike rentals for $5 a day with no aggro (they love doubling up on the names dont ask me why)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Skins likes this.
  8. Skins

I would stay on the riverside anywhere between Street 104 and The Royal Palace. A lot of bars and restaurants are walkable. Tuk Tuk drivers are everywhere if you need a lift. Trust me... You can't miss those guys... :rolleyes:

What's your budget? This place looks nice for $30 per night.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 8.59.28 PM.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    flashman likes this.
  9. the lockmaster

the lockmaster Well-Known Member

$30 bucks a night will get you something really solid in Phnom Penh.

$50-60/night and you are basically living in the lap of luxury in that country.

Skins likes this.
  10. Skins

The beauty of Vietnam and Cambodia is you can travel around the whole country and just live in $15 per night hotels. $1,000 per month can give you a decent lifestyle and complete freedom to move around.

agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear