China should I stay or go??

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mikefox, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mikefox

Mikefox Well-Known Member

Will give a full report when I leave but currently in Chengdu and coming from Indonesia im really not enjoying the place.

The language barrier is hard, its not that the people are horrible, its just in other Asian countries if you smile you get one back and maybe some interest they seem more serious here.

If I smile, I get an open mouthed stare and eyes following me as I walk away as if im an alien. Today I said excuse me to a women and she literally shit herself pulled a face and walked off as fast as her legs would carry her.

Taxi drivers also speak zero English so using google maps and translate is tiring, thats when my VPN doesnt crash. Everything just seems hard work here.

I went to a lot of aggravation and expense to get this visa but time is also precious.

Im thinking of either travelling south to Dali (anyone been there) spend some time and then travel by train/bus across to Laos (probably beautiful place but bad for dating and illegal from what I read?) and then Thailand.

Or

Fuck it all off and book a flight straight to Thailand.

Looking to get peoples thoughts/ideas/suggestions??

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    dangnomad and Skins like this.
  2. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I would say, try to sample a few more cities close by before taking the call on leaving.
    Did you manage to get pally with some Taxi Driver.
    They know some of the happening places in Town.
    I would bank on them if all my options run out.

Skins likes this.
  3. southernallstars

southernallstars Well-Known Member

I would simply do some sight-seeing in China and then never go again, it's kind of on my bucket list for travelling before it gets too modern.

Skins and drifter like this.
  4. Mikefox

Tonight I have had a chick flake on me which pisses me off. Now im in a taxi with a driver constantly coughing up phlem and gobbing it out the window.

Maybe these are signs from above :)

5. Mikefox

They speak zero english!! Haha

6. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Well-Known Member

I've never met a Chinese cab driver that spoke any English. You just get in and hand them your phone with the address. Like, their hand is up waiting for it when a white guy slides in.

Mikefox likes this.
  7. LadLife

LadLife Well-Known Member

I really can't see the attraction of china. Is there actually any decent beautiful place that provides a good lifestyle for a white expat ?

8. JohnnyB

Shanghai is amazing if you like large cities. I could live there all day if paid properly.

It's cheap if you hit the Chinese-centric areas, even the French expat zone; but hit The Bund and you are fast into the $200pp for dinner zone.

If you can afford it, it's worth it: https://www.jean-georges.com/restaurants/china/shanghai/jean-georges

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Skins likes this.
  9. JohnnyB

* I have been randomly approached by attractive freelancers in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong and Shenzhen ever night out.

LadLife likes this.
  10. LadLife

LadLife Well-Known Member

interesting thanks for the info!

JohnnyB likes this.
  11. Monger88

Monger88 Well-Known Member

Logistics is a problem in China, but it's getting easier as more online services pop up.
    The most annoying is finding a place to rent, without having to deal with the locals and their scams.
    There should be an app where we can sub-let rooms from farang to farang, in the whole of Asia.

Mikefox likes this.
  12. Mikefox

So apologies I didnt give this thread much time to run.

Im an impulsive kind of guy so last night I booked an earlier flight to thailand for £200.

Thailand is just simple straight forward and you know what your getting.

I feel like a weight has been lifted now im leaving here and cant wait to arrive as havent been to thailand since my teens.

13. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

I probably would have hung in there a few weeks and tried a different city. So much to see in China from a tourism stand point and I've heard Shangai is a fun city if you're looking for nightlife. Hong Kong is close by too.

But hey you can't go wrong with Thailand!

14. the lockmaster

the lockmaster Well-Known Member

Did you try searching for any expat bars on the Internet?

Surely, there has to be some around there??

I would've looked for an Irish pub and tried to talk to some local expats.

I've read that Chengdu is supposedly known for their beautiful women. And good food also.

Skins likes this.
  15. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

I would have fired up a dating app or China Cupid and found myself a tour guide. Dinner and drinks on me sweetheart! Just show me your favorite places! This works in the smallest, most boring cities in Asia. There's always a handful of girls who speak English. I am currently in a tiny irrelevant town where I am the only white dude. I met a nice girl and took her out for dinner and drinks tonight. We had a great time. Unfortunately she wouldn't go back to my room with me but tomorrow is a new day!

16. Mikefox

Been to shamrock the most famous and only irish bar I saw here, has one pool table and is a shithole.

There was about 10-15 guys and no women I had a guiness and left.

Went to jellyfish one night in lan kwai fong has lots of clubs and bars. All chinese mainly guys with 20-30 beers on there tables that they dont drink and around 3 small groups of women. Oh and a small group of expat guys who just stayed in there group taking selfies. I moved in on one 20 year old and her friend, I nearly passed out finally a girl can speak english.

But really clubs is not my thing she wasnt that hot and shouting in each others ears is not ideal.

Another night I went to a place called moonies bar which had a ladies night on a thursday they drink wine for free I thought im going to crack it here. There was one women with her bf or husband and just one group of women about 4 of them maybe 15 people max in the whole place. I moved in on these women there only english was hello and then they were fucked. Out came google translate but again far from ideal two of them was like 50 and the others were early 30's they said they were married and was just having a night out (true or not who knows). Oh and my one drink cost me £10.

I also had a few beers in other bars normally chatting to bar staff got wechat numbers but it would take so many dates because she was so straight laced I didnt even meet her.

I to read women here are really beautiful, I also read that chinese people will invite you over and be super friendly buying drinks etc but that is not my experiance.

They stay in small groups and thats it.

All the stuff you read I did to its the reason I came here but it really is a big dissapointment for me anyway.

Its ironic using tantan chinese version of tinder looks like I will score my only free conquest in 10 days from an expat here from nz wish me luck haha

Attached Files:

17. Mikefox

Yep did it also not huge numbers of girls on there and admittedly didnt pipeline to early on before coming.

Girls have taken a while to respond but been on 2 dates the first was an older divorcee single mother.

Face very average, her skin was almost translucent she was so white, she had a great set of pins on her and skin was as smooth as silk.

This is the trouble, locations were changed and was meeting her at the mall but she did not show. I messaged her and she said sorry im running late be around 30 mins.

30 mins comes and goes 'hi you left yet?'

Im sorry im cleaning the house.

So I start to get annoyed and tell her how rude she is blah blah blah im so sorry she says its far from me. Bear in mind she picked where to meet.

I end up going 30 mins by taxi to meet her outside her place, we had a civilized coffee and some food. Im cracking jokes flirting she is saying im handsome, great stuff.

I get her back to her place we have in depth conversation I can tell from her body language she is a little shy/nervous so I put her at ease.

To cut a long story short she wouldnt let me kiss her but I was passionatly kissing her neck she was loving it, I was having a little feel up but she wouldnt let me go downstairs lol.

Try to move to second base she wont have it. She said its so hard to control myself stop haha yes I know lose control haha

Anyway I take a step back we say our goodbyes and arrange to meet the following night we say we like each other want to get to know each other etc etc

So I fucking new she would be late so I didnt rush around half hour before I messaged her still ok for tonight? see you at x place at 7pm dont be late.

I was still at my place but at 7.45pm she messages me a picture of food saying just having dinner wtf!

Er you never replied we were meant to be meeting? Oh im so sorry I forgot are you there?

Anyway I cant take all the fucking about I dont have the patience so in a round about way I said let me come round your place and stay if you like me or dont speak to me again.

She chose the latter but fuck it I have nothing to lose.

The other one was a coffee date to but im leaving shortly and it will take many dates to slay her and again nothing to look at.

Most posts from me are normally not negative but these are my experiances here.

Interestingly date two said she hates expat teachers and her words were they are probably losers in their own countries who cant get a job but here women treat them like some sort of god. I said chinese people dont seem even interested to interact with me?

She said there is trust issues in the younger generation for instance if they help an older person who falls down in the street the older person will try to scam them for compensation and get the police involved, I kid you not these are her words!!

Basically if you stayed for a long time, learned some chinese, built a social circle full of chinese people you could crack it but for me there are much better places in the world to stay.

Just stupid shit drives me crazy here like the other night I decided to use google maps to go to a tea shop walked for 20 mins didnt exist, then walked to another one but it had closed down.

Now by this time im a sweaty mess, now imagine trying to communicate with people asking for directions when they speak no english and looking at the chinese writing on your phone then trying to match it to the shops, honest it drives you mad all just for a cup of tea:mad:

An indonesian guy was working in a bar I went into here and we were talking, before I even said anything he said he doesnt like china and made many comparisons I also picked up on.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  18. drifter

drifter Well-Known Member

I've watched a lot of SerpentZa's YouTube videos about China. He's lived there for over 11 years is white and speaks fluent Mandarin. And I keep,thinking while watching, why the hell would he put up with all the crap there.

Mikefox likes this.
agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines