Crypto Currency - Who's into this?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Skins, Jul 5, 2017.

1. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Legendary Member

I agree that Charlie Shrem of BitInstant got a bad rap for what was happening with the SilkRoad. Are banks responsible if a customer withdraws cash and uses it to buy something illegal? o_O The filmmaker Alex Winter made a good point about how the SilkRoad trial was really about BitCoin.

Mikefox likes this.
  2. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

Why wouldn't it work in Thailand? Do you mean linked to a Thai bank account?

3. Skins

I see bitcoin dipped below $4k. I was about to set up that exodus wallet the other day. Maybe I'll do it right now.

4. Skins

@Mikefox I finally started reading American Kingpin this morning. The story of the guy who founded Silk Road.

Mikefox and tc_pattaya like this.
  5. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Legendary Member

That's a great book, but it doesn't really cover all of the issues with his trial (Ulbricht was railroaded to set an example) that are raised in the "Deep Web" documentary...

Skins likes this.
  6. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

https://coins.co.th/
    https://localbitcoins.com/

Whichever is better on a given day, localbitcoins is individuals so sometimes they set a good price, sometimes not

7. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously everything has dropped a ton, it's a sea of red negative percentages - https://coinmarketcap.com/

Skins likes this.
  8. the lockmaster

the lockmaster Well-Known Member

I watched that same documentary on Netflix recently. You're right. It's fucked up how that CEO had to take a plea bargain and get prosecuted. He said that if he tried to fight it and go to trial they would've locked him up for decades.

Watched a second documentary about the Subprime mortgage collapse in 2008. Nothing happened to all of those crooked bankers.

Mikefox likes this.
  9. ezinho

ezinho Well-Known Member

Buy the dip, guys! Just picked up more bitcoin at $3800. The fees on coinbase suck, though.

When Jamie Dimon talks shit about Bitcoin, it almost always goes up after that!

Skins likes this.
  10. Travelt

Travelt Well-Known Member

Some Chinese heavy hitter wrote a tweet that confirmed the China rumor. Literally one tweet crashed the whole market.

11. Travelt

Travelt Well-Known Member

Do not use Coinbase. Use a limit buy on Gdax(No fees).

12. Livingthedream

Livingthedream Well-Known Member

Skins and tc_pattaya like this.
  13. Raito

Raito Well-Known Member

This thread got me into buying some coins.

Any good exchange site so I can open a wallet and buy?

14. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

Went over $5000 today

Went from ~2700 to ~5100 in the last month, since this thread was bumped

Hope some of the procrastinators bought some :)

Skins likes this.
  15. Raito

Raito Well-Known Member

Does it make sense to buy now or wait for a fall?

16. Dale

Dale Well-Known Member

Guys I know how this stuff works....I go buy and the currency will tank. I will alert you all if I intend to buy so you can get out before I pull the trigger....

BL010181, ryan754326, jspill and 5 others like this.
  17. Skins

Shit....

18. Fiver Fever Fewer

Fiver Fever Fewer Well-Known Member

These swings scare the shit out of me. Bitcoin is just too damn volatile.

Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon? Is it still worth it? Who the fuck knows.

But I sure regret not buying some Bitcoins years ago...

Mikefox and Skins like this.
  19. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

Unless you're actively trading it and quite experienced (im not either) I'd say don't try to time the market.

Everyone says that 'oh I'll wait for it to fall', back when it was at $1k, $2k, $3k, $4k and so on, then they arent really paying attention to see a minor fall, or a huge fall doesnt happen, then next thing you know its way up again

Almost at $6k now

Skins likes this.
  20. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

People say it'll hit $10k+ so I dont think its too late, its still in its infancy only a small % of the world uses it thus far

BobbyTwoTimes and Skins like this.
meet sexy vietnamese girls online vietnam cupid online dating guide sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines