agoda banner ad hotel

Finding a Good Girlfriend in Paradise

Discussion in 'Women' started by Skins, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

New blog post up. I would like to hear your thoughts on finding a girl who is actually girlfriend material in paradise.

Click Here To Read The Post. Please Comment Below! :cool:

renegadeanimal and swissghost like this.
  2. wanderluster

wanderluster Curry Bling Bling

Haha. Good luck with that. It's just like @swissghost search for his paradise. No cellphones, no pollution, only organic food, no smoking blah blah blah. You get the point.

southernallstars and swissghost like this.
  3. Skins

It's possible. But not easy. I don't want to settle for less!

swissghost likes this.
  4. wanderluster

As I said. Good luck with that.

5. Firestarter

Firestarter Pyromaniac

Oh man, good post. You hit the nail right on the head.

There does always seem to be some fundamental flaw with these girls, maybe that's why they never make it out of the harem. I'm no angel but I would say that I am constantly trying to improve myself and have high standards. It's a bit different for these girls because they passively accept standards set by others. The others don't really have very high standards either so it's just a vicious circle that perpetuates itself. Furthermore, this is an extremely brainwashed nation. It's like they are all carbon copies of each other at their most basic level. To rise above that takes courage and not all of them succeed. The pressure from those who think they know best is always upon them, those who would be scandalized to see things from outside of their tiny little comfort zone and sphere of knowledge. It's definitely one of the downsides to dating here but as with everything in life, where there's a will there's a way.

I think the best way to go about finding a proper girlfriend is to ditch technology and just do things the old fashioned way. Be more alert when out, notice who catches your eye. Notice how she is dressed, how she composes herself and all that and then just go for it. High-quality women are receptive to the advances of high-quality men. There is the shyness barrier to overcome as socializing with strangers isn't very habitual anymore, especially in big cities such as Saigon. They are used to doing the bulk of their meaningful communication via their phone. A good smile and a bit of persistence are all that are needed to break the spell.

These girls are out there, we have just gotta keep our eyes peeled. When we do come across such delectable specimens, it would be wise to resist the impulse to get them into bed as soon as possible lest we kill our chances with them. Exercising a bit of discretion, at least initially will set us apart from every Tom, Jim & Mark who has tried to take the express route before us. A bit of patience would be rewarded 10-fold in no time.

Finding a girl such as the one you described is also a mission (but not an obsession of mine). I just don't have the patience for the mindless types of relationships I've been having. The sex may be plentiful but it's all the other crap that comes with it that I've lost interest in. Having half a dozen women relying on my in some shape or form is mentally draining.

I mentioned I was gonna pursue things with that girl who doesn't speak English (I threw the who in there just for you wandery) but I don't see that happening. The other night we agreed to meet and she brought her SISTER along on the date. What the hell? The sister has a really sour face and a cock-blocking attitude, I picked that vibe up from her straight away. We were supposed to go to a place 5 minutes away from where she lives and they agreed to follow me. Note that this was during rush hour when the traffic was barely moving. They managed to lose me after about 100m and I was driving really slowly, it was impossible to drive quickly. What is it with these Viet girls and their shitty sense of direction! They then suggested meeting elsewhere but I wasn't going to bend to their will and I declined to go. We were also supposed to meet tonight and go to this really nice restaurant just 15 minutes away from her place. She gave me a speech about how she was scared of going far away to places she doesn't know while we are still getting to know each other. I told her to try it first before passing judgement. She still refused to compromise. There is no way I am bending my will to that of a person whose mind is consumed by fear and worry. I have traveled all over the world and have been to some really dodgy places where I always had a blast. If it's too much of a hassle for her to travel 2km down the road then there's no way I am going to waste my energy convincing her otherwise.

Today I did something that took a lot of guts. I deleted every girl's number on my phone. I feel so liberated right now. I know it took me a lot of work and effort to compose that list but the way I see it is that there's no point in clinging onto something that has ran its course. If they feel like messaging me later on then we'll see. If not then it shows that I made the right decision. I also happened to lose quite a few numbers a few months ago after my last phone gave up the ghost and life continued. I don't see how this will be any different. It's time for a new approach to things because the old way wasn't working. I also deleted and uninstalled the dating apps on my phone as I don't see them leading towards my goals. From now on, anything that doesn't further my goal gets dumped. I'm going into binary mode, it will all be either 1's or 0's from now on. No more decimals.

Fortunately I don't have a problem picking up girls in random locations nor do I have approach anxiety. All that work I did before smartphones came out will pay off. I know it's not as convenient but then again, the most meaningful things in life take a bit of persistence and dedication. It will also require the same effort and energy expenditure as keeping up rapport with a handful of girls, probably even less so in the long run. There are millions of hot girls in this city and it's up to me to home in on the one that catches my attention the most and then see whether she would be a suitable match for me. If yes, great. If not, whatever, next. I will probably have to reject a few before I find one that is worth taking things further with but I am up for the new challenge. It will be fun and exciting, just like the old times when I had to rely on my instincts & chutzpah. It may take a month or so and it won't be something I will actively pursue every day for obvious reasons, but it will happen sooner rather than later.

I'm looking forward to this transitional period of calmness. It seems like I've been in a continuous relationship for the past.....5 or 6 years now. There has always been someone lined up, someone new to replace the old. I could do without that for a while. It will mean that I can truly savor the moment once I find someone that is attuned to what I am after. Ok, I am starting to digress here but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter. Everything is possible in life and this is my strategy to reach my revamped relationship goals. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Mikefox, Skins, dangnomad and 2 others like this.
  6. wanderluster

Haha. I do not think I deserve this respect man.

Okay, on a serious note, I totally agree with your comment here. There are diamonds in the coal mine and although they might be hard to find, they are not impossible get to. I also agree that the old-fashioned modus operandi will work better because I seriously believe that any gal who is on ANY kind of dating site - or even matrimonial sites for that matter - is a complete whore. Furthermore, this applies to each and every kind of internet dating/hooking and not just to the apps such as Tinder, Badoo blah blah blah.

I will be honest here that I am not - and I think will never be - looking for such relationship. That phase of life has passed for me. Trust me when I say that I have successfully been there and done that. Not anymore. Just a sad, but practical, truth of my life.

Cheers amigo. We are fortunate to have you among us.

7. brockstar

brockstar Legendary Member

......no feminist bullies on Facebook :p

Skins, wanderluster and swissghost like this.
  8. wanderluster

Haha, This guy always puts a smile on my face. No matter how sadly drunk I am.

9. brockstar

brockstar Legendary Member

Fuck I dunno, I only worried about finding a girlfriend when I was in 'Merica, because it was either that or over spending fiscally and mentally trying to get laid. Now that I'm in Asia, yeah that'd be great, but whatever! If I don't find that perfect girlfriend it's not like I can't get laid (at the very least). I simply don't worry about it, how much $ I'm investing is far more prevalent in my thoughts these days. ;)

drifter, Ghengis and tc_pattaya like this.
  10. DonTravolta

DonTravolta le spicy memer

Learn the local language and you can have the 3rd missing piece of the puzzle...

11. mistergrumpus

mistergrumpus I Ride My Bicycle To Church

A girl this awesome could be your girlfriend for a while and then look for a husband after getting used-up and banged-out by your skanky self...

...or she could just skip your ass today and (try to) nail down a high-status fellow right now while she still holds her aces.

Every day of her youth, "spent" well or poorly, impacts the quality of the rest of her life, and of her children, and of her parents. Unlike back here where you and I are from, over there her Mom and Aunties have NOT been bullshitting her otherwise. Quite the contrary, these Viets are hard-nose-practically-minded, as you know.

So you're definitely fighting uphill here for sure.

One tactic I suggest would be to drop the beauty requirement and use THAT relationship to build-up your Viet-speak. Then dump her, sneak out in the middle of the night, and take your Big Net up-country... you scoundrel.

12. Firestarter

Firestarter Pyromaniac

Yes & No.

Yes: A girl that doesn't speak English would not have been 'infected' by western ideals and would therefore be more traditional & feminine.

No: A girl that doesn't speak English shows that she hasn't had enough enthusiasm or intelligence to learn English. This is especially true for Vietnam where knowing English is a great way to improve your career prospects and gain face. Not knowing English may also indicate that the girl comes from a family without very many means. I know this sounds harsh, and everyone has what they have and are who they are but... Taking Vietnam as an example again, I have found that the more modest a woman's background is, the less refined she tends to be. She would have undoubtedly been influenced by others who had a similar character. As lovely as she may be, she would still be really rough around the edges and this in turn would require a bit of work.

It's also worth pointing out what a rich and abundant language English is. There are words to describe pretty much every spectrum of human emotion. There is a word for every conceivable noun,verb & adjective as well as their subtle variations. Look at every important or relevant text ever produced. Most of them are in English. English speakers have access to so much more information and knowledge that someone from say, Vietnam just doesn't have. As confusing as the Vietnamese language may be, it's still an extremely basic language. There is only so much that a person who exclusively speaks Vietnamese can have access to. It's a major reason why so many people here seem to be carbon copies of each other and why they all ask the same questions and talk about the same things.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  13. You read my mind with this post.........I thought it was just me. I have a trip planned to Vietnam and I was trying to steer away from the whores on conventional dating sites, attempting to use Facebook and Language exchange apps. I find that the girls are very studious and good with theoretical stuff, but when it comes down to practical things............it all goes out of the window. Also I have found increasingly that the ones who know English are adopting mild feminist tendencies. If you learn the lingo, I feel you will still have to deal with the attitude/ emotions or whatever else. Best enjoy multiple rides with different girls, at least you can bail out, you may get bogged down with a more permanent option!

Skins, Firestarter and dangnomad like this.
  14. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Well-Known Member

15. mistergrumpus

mistergrumpus I Ride My Bicycle To Church

Good golly holy smokes man. Who in the WORLD is hitting that? I can't even imagine.

--Simplestien

16. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Well-Known Member

That is the lovely Viet model Elly Tran Ha aka Skins' dream girl ;)

Skins likes this.
  17. Skins

Hey my future wife! My god I would love to sink a load into that snapper... :p

tc_pattaya likes this.
  18. Skins

You're absolutely right man and this is the number one reason why my all relationships crumble within a few months. The girl inevitably wants to get serious. They start talking about moving in together. They want me to meet the family. They start asking when I want to get married and have a family. They usually say "next year I want." :eek::eek::eek:

I'm thinking damn it pump your brakes sweetie... But it's true what you're saying. Their time is ticking. No Viet guy wants to marry some shagged out 30 year old. So these girls are thinking about their future and if you're not with their game plan then they will lose interest.

Not sure what to do about this. I just enjoy that first great month or two of dating and when the chick starts to stress me out then I bail. This has worked out for the most part but it has been messy at times... As you know from reading my other threads about losing girls I actually like...

Well the beauty of being a man in SEA is I can date pretty young girls well into my 40's. I guess I'll enjoy myself for another decade and then become a full time monger. :cool:

Manitoba and swissghost like this.
  19. Skins

This is a good point and I am working on it. Takes time and dedication but I think guys should learn the language of any country they live in... Really I should know this shit by now but I've been slacking... :oops:

20. Skins

Totally agree man. The dating sites and apps are a gold mine for easy pussy but I don't trust any of the girls I meet on there. You KNOW you're not the only guy she's talking to. And if she came over to your place and got banged out on the first date then you know it's happened before! Not girlfriend material IMO.

I do a pretty good job of meeting girls out "in the field" and I agree this is the best way to meet a "good girl." There's plenty out here.

swissghost, dangnomad and Firestarter like this.
dating in asia