agoda banner ad hotel

I'm not chasing women anymore and here's why (serious thread) Part1

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by firehazard, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Manitoba

Manitoba Well-Known Member

In Hanoi when I was there a very long time ago you had undercover agents following you around , they couldn't understand why a foreigner wanted to "visit" , they turned a blind eye to Saigon because those southerners were seen as scum of Vietnam not high and mighty like the Hanoi people. I guess highly illigal I mean they actually enforced rules in Hanoi where as in Saigon although illigal all the little bars were filled with hookers openly flaunting their stuff.
    I don't kill for pleasure either, but i do like shooting a bazooka , I never aimed at the cows anyway....Just blow shit up for fun.

wanderluster likes this.
  2. BobbyTwoTimes

BobbyTwoTimes Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah I'm all about blowing shit up too haha!

Thanks for clarifying...makes sense. So basically they don't want you messing with the lighter skinned Chinese-viet girls?

wanderluster and Manitoba like this.
  3. Manitoba

Manitoba Well-Known Member

Don't know why! Maybe they were more rules oriented than? Trying to protect society against the evils of western culture? Who knows why...

4. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

I've been based here for about two years. I come and go but I've mostly stayed in Saigon. I love it and I consider it home. It doesn't really compare to Thailand... Well, besides being a small country full of Asian people.

I've been meaning to write a post about why I live here instead of Thailand but overall I just enjoy the vibe more. The people are more friendly and outgoing. Far more worldly then the Thai's. Plus they are hard working. Getting things done is usually easier here. It's also a bit easier to integrate into society here whereas I always felt like a walking ATM machine in Thailand.

I'm making huge generalizations here but this has been my experience.

The women are the most beautiful in south east Asia. (My opinion.) The visa is easier. It's cheaper to live here. Less hassle's from the law. (I have no license, insurance, etc.) No road side drug tests. Drunk driving is ok. ;)

Yes I miss the mongering, nightlife and shopping that Bangkok offers but I enjoy it here and I'm saving money now so that shit is not a priority at the moment. That may change in the future.

Overall, Vietnam is a great place to live but it's a lousy place to visit. There's not much to do that Thailand doesn't offer in a better way. Beaches, nightlife, women, etc. But if you're in the neighborhood then stop by and see for yourself!

5. BobbyTwoTimes

BobbyTwoTimes Well-Known Member

Great post man. I'd love to read your comparison of Thailand vs. Vietnam.

It may not be as "in your face" as Pattaya....but damn....

"The women are the most beautiful in south east Asia"?????? Fuck everything else. I'm all about it.

Thailand is beyond amazing....but I want to see more of SEA. I've been very interested in Vietnam for a while.

Skins likes this.
  6. Ghengis

Ghengis Well-Known Member

Do you really need a motorbike or are tuk tuks plentiful and cheap in Vietnam?

7. firehazard

firehazard Pyromaniac

I hear you, it does get a bit old which is why I just decided to go cold turkey. I must admit that it's easier than I thought it would be and I feel so chilled out by not having to deal with a million people's drama.

We will never truly understand what goes through their mind. I doubt they even know why they do the things they do.

Taking a step back has worked a treat for my mental sanity & productivity. When are you off to the Philippines?

Skins likes this.
  8. firehazard

firehazard Pyromaniac

There aren't any Tuk Tuks here (thank god). Taxis are cheap and then there is also grab bike & Uber which are even cheaper. Nothing beats having your own bike though.

Skins and wanderluster like this.
  9. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

You can get get by without a bike. I agree with Firehazard man I need my own wheels. Bangkok is the only city out here I won't ride.

dating in asia