I'm on my way to Asia!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Soni79, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Soni79

Soni79 Well-Known Member

Fellow degenerates, I'm writing to you from my flight to Asia, where I paid an arm and a leg to get shitty wifi that's slower than my old 56k dial-up modem. Itinerary is below, trip reports to come. Please let me know if you're in any of the locations below and I'm happy to meet up for drinks. Will be staying in Wan chai in HK but that fucker is expensive so will try to hit up Kowloon side (fuji or similar) as well. Or will try to pick up a Filipina on Sunday afternoon for a date and fuck.

As for Thailand, still a lot left to do. Need to create tinder profile, join Thai friendly, and basically read this forum. Glad @Skins put up his Chiang Mai/Rai and ko Samui location reviews!

Anyways here's the itinerary so far. No return booked, planning on either Jakarta or Phillippines after Thailand but still TBD. Expect a bunch of annoying newbie questions from me but in return I'll put up semi-coherent trip Reports.

Aug 2-5 Shanghai
    Aug 5-8 Hong Kong (Wan chai)
    Aug 8-9 Kuala Lumpur
    Aug 9-13 Phuket (Patong beach)
    Aug 13-16 Chiang Rai
    Aug 16-20 Chiang Mai
    Aug 20-26 Bangkok (soi cowboy area)
    Aug 26-28 Pattaya (The Base)
    Aug 28-Sept 1 Koh Samui (chawemg)
    Sept 1-? Tbd

2. Ghengis

Ghengis Well-Known Member

That's a busy itinerary. I'll meet you in Pattaya and maybe Drifter will join us.

JohnnyB, drifter, Mikefox and 3 others like this.
  3. Soni79

Soni79 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Yeah it's packed it in but I have 6-8 weeks and wanted to cover all these places...may never get a chance for a trip like this again!

Skins likes this.
  4. ryan754326

ryan754326 Well-Known Member

Why not? Sell everything and stay forever, fuck it.

LadLife, Dale, Soni79 and 3 others like this.
  5. Dash

Dash Well-Known Member

age, general appearance, budget?

what are your plans for "meeting womenz"?

6. wanderluster

wanderluster Curry Bling Bling

Damn! That's packed brownie. Well, fuck it. Monger it up all the way. Cheers!

7. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

That is one hell of an itinerary. Sept 1 = Dead? :D Just kidding buddy. Live it up and please keep us posted on your adventures.

Soni79 likes this.
  8. Mikefox

Mikefox Well-Known Member

That looks like the intenerary from hell to me far to much travelling but each to there own have a great trip

drifter, Skins and wanderluster like this.
  9. drifter

drifter Well-Known Member

Nice. Personally I dislike soi Cowboy but Terminal 21 is close. Check out the great cheap food court there. And you're in walking distance or the next skytrain stop from Nana Plaza. Split the difference and maybe stay at the Ruamchitt Hotel. And the Thermae is downstairs. Convenient.

I almost booked the Base in Pattaya for a year. Some rooms have ocean views and there's a cool rooftop pool. But it's small. I think the rooms are 27 sq meters. You'll be here in the off season so lodging is not gonna be a problem.

Koh Samui? Yeah I've gotta get there. Soon. Maybe once I get a condo.

I'm more a slow traveler but then, I've got the time now. Give me a yell before you hit Pattaya. @Ghengis is safe to meet with and I can't drink. But @BobbyTwoTimes? Hang with him and the only question is whether your dick or your liver is gonna give out first.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Soni79, Dale, Skins and 1 other person like this.
  10. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

@Soni, since you are a Newbie, let me share a bit on Bangkok based on my recent stay in that City.

If you are Travelling with just 2 Bags which can be Hand carried, you could just go down to Level B at Suvarnabhumi Airport after passing through Immigration and without exiting the Airport.

Here you will get the Airport Rail Link that goes upto last stop Piya Thai for 45 Baht/Person.

Also just before boarding this Train at Suvarnabhumi Airport, you have one of Thailand’s Best Currency Exchanger “SUPER RICH” located close to this Station at Level B. On any given Day you are sure to get 0.3 Baht more than other Exchange Centre’s. Do not change any Currency before the Immigration Centre, as they are always giving you 2 Baht less than what you would get outside.

If you need any Baht for your Visa or any other stuff like that, then just change enough Baht to see you through Immigration and reach the Super Rich Counter at Level B. This rate from Super Rich will be same whether you get it at their Airport Counter or their Counters in Bangkok. You can change sufficient Amount whatever you need for the next couple of Days. They accept Currencies of more than 14 Countries. (For Pattaya it would be TT Currency Exchange giving you the best Rate).

Once you board the Airport Rail Link at Level B, Suvarnabhumi Airport for 45 Baht, get down at the Last Train Station Piya Thai.

At Piya Thai Station you have connection to BTS Link. There are 2 Directions. One going towards Mo Chit and one going towards BEARING. Since most of us have our Hotels in Nana Region, board the Train in the Direction of BEARING. Just 3 or 4 Stops from Piya Thai Station you reach Nana BTS. This will cost you another 30 Baht. So effectively you reach Nanan BTS by spending only 75 Baht from Suvarnabhumi Airport. I travelled at 21:00 Hrs and getting in and getting out of BTS was quite comfortable. (Note:Citadines had offered to send me a private Car for 1300 Baht).

I had booked my stay at CITADINES on Sukhumvit Soi 8. They had a complimentary Tuk Tuk which used to come over to the Main Road for pickup and drop. I called the Reception to send me a Tuk Tuk, the moment I reached Nana BTS as CITADINES on Sukhmvit Soi 8, is very close to Nana. In about 10 minutes, the Tuk Tuk was there with the Name of the Residence on it. Got into the Tuk Tuk and reach CITADINES.

Little about CITADINES:

I wanted to book this through SMP website on Agoda, but saw that Agoda rates were not favourable.

If you become an Ascot Member Online, you can get 10% Discount on their best Rates for any given Day. It was March and I got a rate of 1200 Baht/Day + Taxes for their Studio Room. They have a dynamic Pricing and Prices go up in tandem with Occupancy.

Long term Residents could get a Studio Room for 22,000 Baht/Month at Citadines on Sukhumvit Soi 8.

Ascot Group have properties all around Thailand and at major Tourist places around the world.

Facilities:- Free Wifi, Daily Cleaning, 2 Bottles of Mineral Water Daily, Tea/Coffee Pack refilled Daily, Kitchen with all basic Utensils, Microwave, Refrigerator.

Coin operated Laundry, Gym facilities and a small Pool.

Location is in a very peaceful Soi and yet you are not far from the Action Centres, which are walkable and you will always get the complimentary Tuk Tuk to take you to the Main Road 24/7.

For the remaining piece of Action, there is enough that have been discussed on this Forum. All those places are very close to this location and you can checkout right from the Freelancers on Sukhumvit Road who are there from 17:00 Hrs in the Evening till late Night Hrs to all the Clubs and Bars that have been discussed time and again on this Forum.

You could start of your first Night at Bangkok picking a Girl from Smooci.com and then venture out.

I was there for 10 Nights in Bangkok and could not discover any Hidden Gems, worth mentioning else I would have briefed you on those as well.

I did come across some Punters promising me to show some places off the beaten track, but I politely refused saying maybe next time. Was just not in a mood to spoil my Holidays with some unpleasant Experiences.

Soni79, Skins, Mikefox and 2 others like this.
  11. Ramblin' Man

Ramblin' Man Well-Known Member

I'm arriving in Bangkok tomorrow myself. My plan was to take the rail link to Makkasan, then (around 11pm by this point) get a taxi/tuk-tuk to my hotel near Nana. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Skins likes this.
  12. brockstar

brockstar Legendary Member

You might as well just stay on the sky train and get off the Nana exit as it's the next stop after Asok.

Skins and drifter like this.
  13. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I guess the BTS is still working till Mid-Night(just confirm). From Suvarnabhumi to Piya Thai is just about 25 minutes by Rail Link. Another 10 to 15 minutes from Piya Thai to Nana by BTS( 3 or 4 stops only). Frequency of BTS Trains was also quite good during that period, so should be cool.
    Getting down at Makkasan and going to Nana, could be an option if the BTS closes down during your Travel time. But be prepared to pay a bit more on your regular Taxi or Tuk Tuk Fare since it is close to Mid-Night.

14. the lockmaster

the lockmaster Well-Known Member

Why are you flying to KL after Hong Kong? Does your connecting flight go through there? I would just head straight to Thailand. That will add 2 extra days for you there.

If you are planning on Jakarta or Philippines after Thailand, hit up KL on your connecting flight then. Especially if you are going to Jakarta. Can probably find a super cheap flight on AirAsia. As KL is their main hub.

For Wan Chai, the Fuji building is located there. You can even walk there from the Lockhart Rd/Wan Chai MTR stop. If the Fuji building doesn't do it for you. You can go to www.miss148.com. This is a website that lists pictures and addresses of the different walkup buildings. Just select the MTR station at the top of the page. It will show you a list of girls available near that metro stop. With the address and directions to the building. I was able to find one near Sheung Wan station. That is still HK Island side. However, most are located on Kowloon side. On HK island side, expect to pay around $500/hkd for full service. It's slightly cheaper on Kowloon side.

The freelancers in the bars of Wan Chai all ask for at least $1500/hkd, I would say. Some even more. I was quoted as high as $2500-3000/hkd. Also, these broads will expect you to buy them some drinks at the bar first. Beers run about $10/usd and lady drinks run about $15-20+/usd. Apparently, the girls get some sort of commission off of the drinks. So, some of them aren't too keen to leave with you right away. They want you to buy drinks first. I would use the Wan Chai bars just for some flirting and to listen to the awesome Filipino cover bands. Get laid in one of the walkup buildings.

Not sure what Sunday Funday is like. Or, if that affects the pricing. Maybe you can land a freebie Indo/Fills girl. I don't know. I was there during the week. This was just my experience with the place. @brockstar does the pricing come down on Sunday with the influx of girls?

I would also like to add. Save your $$stack for Thailand. There are some cute girls in HK, but they are so much cheaper in Thailand. ;)

Soni79, Skins and drifter like this.
  15. Ramblin' Man

@shandy 's answer makes more sense going by this map coming from Suvarnabhumi:

http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/bangkok-mass-transit-map/

I'm inclined to take a taxi from Makkasan unless someone has a headsup on why that would be a bigger hassle/timesuck than transferring to BTS and humping my luggage down from Nana station and walking a few blocks.

16. brockstar

Sunday Funday is a good vibe for HH drinking and its possible to meet a non pro there on Sundays moreso than any other. Id suggest get u a good looking China doll from the walk ups and the Thai brothels on Temple Street.

Soni79 likes this.
  17. Ramblin' Man

Yikes, you'll be spending more time in immigration than inside women. Can't knock it, sounds like my first trip to SEA - 6 countries in 6 weeks, including 4 cities in Thailand. :eek:
    Taking it more slowly this time...at least a week in party areas, at least a month in cheaper, laid back areas.

LadLife, drifter and Skins like this.
  18. southernallstars

southernallstars Well-Known Member

actually it wouldn't cost you much more if you take a metered taxi all the way, since you're taking a taxi anyhow, perhaps it will be 100 Baht more, that's less than a beer in Nana.

19. brockstar

Yeah, either take the Sky train all the way or taxi all the way. Train will be much cheaper and you can guarantee skipping traffic.

Soni79 likes this.
  20. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

I just left Wan Chai I was there this Sunday, that 'Filipinas are out on Sundays' thing is very overrated imo. Was my first Sunday in HK and I'd heard so much about that day of the week for Pinays / Indos on their one day off, but what a let down.

The ones I saw were all ugly, like LA Cafe in Manila style. Over 30, not hot, wouldn't bang them for free, let alone pay - they're usually freelancing. A few decent ones but those ones were all with guys. That was my experience in 'New Makati Pub' and 'Insiders'. Also checked Escape, Hong Kong Cafe, Players, and Joe Bananas, they were all basically empty. Maybe I went too early.

Finally I found a hot Filipina in one of the gogo bars, 'Club Venus' gogo bar. The gogos are absolutely awful too, ugly chicks everywhere except for this one girl.

28 year old with a kid but somehow still hot, looked about 22 and her tits weren't messed up from having a kid, still pert. For a lady drink you get a topless lap dance with her and can suck her tits / play grab ass, which I did, but it's pretty expensive, 242 HKD per drink.

agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines