Landing in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Women' started by JohnnyB, Jul 10, 2017.

1. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Well-Known Member

In two weeks. Plan to spend the first few days in a Hanoi AirBnb getting over jet lag and maybe Brockdawging a backpacker or two.

What are the can't miss spots if I get myself out of bed while in town? food spots specifically.

2. flashman

flashman A Gentleman & Deviant

Make sure you keep this thread up to date on your exploits Sir, always value a good trip report.

3. brockstar

brockstar Legendary Member

I'd Brockdog a back packer, I'd Brockdog her back fat too! ;)

Skins, drifter and JohnnyB like this.
  4. drifter

drifter Well-Known Member

Damn right, @JohnnyB we need a write up of your adventures. Vietnam is definitely on my list. Maybe visit for just a couple of weeks since I'm basing myself in Thailand but I'll get there soon. We hear about @Skins and his adventures and misadventures (well, we used to), but I'm curious about other perspectives. Except that crazed Hindu, @wanderluster. I don't even want to think of what he got up to with that sweet little Vietnamese girl, @Nope Nope. I'd have to rinse my brain out with bleach afterwards.

JohnnyB and wanderluster like this.
  5. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

I have not been to Hanoi so I can't help you out. Looks like a fun city though. @Nope Nope should have some advice for you.

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Well-Known Member

I've been talking to locals in nha Trang and HCMC, and they do not like Hanoi.

7. Skins

It seems the hostility is alive and well. A lot of southerners don't like the people from Hanoi. And Vietnamese hate the Chinese because they think China is taking over their country. And the Khmers hate the Vietnamese because they think the Viets are taking over their country.

Can't we all get along? :)

drifter likes this.
  8. Blackfyre

I don't think we can. Humans are tribalistic by nature. We, by default, hang out and trust people who are "like us". But there are subsets of groups that exist.

For example, southern viets hate northern viets. 2 separate tribes. But bring in the Chinese, southern viets and northern viets (who hate one another) might unite because chinese are now the threat ( the outside tribe). Let's take it to the next level, let's assume the blacks of Africa are spreading to Asia. By nature, the viets and Chinese will unite and perceive the blacks as the outsiders threat. Humans always take side with whomever looks similar to us.

So we are always taking sides based on whichever threat is in front of us. It's kind of like an evolved survival mechanism. But it's also a curse since we always have to perceive a threat to our survival.

9. SteveBlog

SteveBlog Member

I was on viber with a sweet Buddhist girl last night.Loved animals really nice . I ask her about Northern Vietnam she says doesn't like Northern people or Chinese.

10. flashman

Who does.

Fuck Manchester.

11. Ghengis

Ghengis Well-Known Member

I've wondered if aliens from another planet were to threaten the survival of humans on earth, would we all come together to defeat them. Imagine the Russians, Chinese, and Americans all joining together to defeat a common enemy.

Tunahead likes this.
  12. Blackfyre

We would all unite to defeat the aliens. Look at the movie Independence Day. We would unite as human race vs alien race. Hollywood has made a fortune playing off our tribalistic instinct. Quotes like "an attack on one of us is an attack on all of us", "we unite as one", and "you'll have to get through all of us...." make the audience feels good since it's subtlely telling them "hey, you're never alone". Hollywood knows what buttons to press to make us feel good. But this also apply in sports as well. Sports is the biggest tribalistic orgy there is. Fans think they are part of the team. Ever notice how they refer to their team as "we". "We need to sign player xyz" or "We need to do this". It's the biggest sham there it. Fans are constantly shelling out money for cable access, tickets, parking, overpriced concessions, jerseys, hats, and everything under the sun to prove their "commitment" to the team's survival and success.

Heck, I enjoy a good football gave when I have a few bucks on it. But I see as what it is...it's a game for entertainment. Once it's over, I resume back to life. But for most men, sports is the only way to show their emotions. Only way to show their manhood. It's sad.

Skins, flashman and Ghengis like this.
  13. Striker

Striker Well-Known Member

I'm landing in Saigon this Saturday :)
    Btw has something happened to Skins? Haven't seen a blog post in a while. Did he die? Fall in love?

Skins and drifter like this.
  14. JohnnyB

He met this chick that is lavishing him with fine jewelry and exotic trips, but he is too scared to admit it for fear of losing his fan base.

Khanh, Skins and drifter like this.
  15. flashman

There is actually a theory that he is in his mums basement in Ohio making all this stuff up and he has never been outside the US let alone to SEA. Thats why no one has ever met him or you never see any photos that weren't google sourced.

I'm on the fence on that one until we get an actual sighting.

Soni79, JohnnyB and Khanh like this.
  16. Skins

Shit! You guys got me all figured out. :oops: Keep that between us please. Don't ruin the SMP brand.

Haha still alive. Still single. Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been focused on another project and I need to get away from my laptop at night.

I actually have a bunch of posts typed up. Do you want three posts in three days? :)

dangnomad likes this.
  17. flashman

If its a choice I want a new post every Monday and Friday every week unless you have a really good excuse that week like dengue fever (again) or 3rd world jail etc.

18. JohnnyB

Yeah - a post on the sex scenes in Vietnam prisons.

dangnomad and flashman like this.
  19. bkkyolo

bkkyolo Well-Known Member

Going to Saigon for the first time too next week weee ! Can't wait to try Vietnamese farm fresh snappers.

Skins and JohnnyB like this.
  20. Skins

It's a fine delicacy my friend. What's your itinerary?

I recommend joining Vietnam Cupid. Badoo is also a good free app for Vietnam.

And if you want to support SMP please book your hotels through my Agoda link. Xin cam on! :cool:

drifter and bkkyolo like this.
agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear