What electronic gear to take to SEA for long term stay?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by drifter, Apr 2, 2017.

1. drifter

drifter Well-Known Member

Every OS upgrade I wait for this. Hopefully this time. And hopefully it won't be crippled and can handle all files. iOS can already handle downloading compressed files, then I can unarchive them and send them to the cloud or iBooks. But taking a bunch of naked ePubs and sending them to an SD card so I can put it in my ebook reader I can't do.

2. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Legendary Member

Have you tried emailing the ePub files to yourself and then clicking on the attachment to open it in your preferred reader app?

3. drifter

sure, that'd work. But I've got 2700 books on my ereader and tend to add over 100 at a time.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  4. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Legendary Member

With that much content, you should side load from a computer.

drifter and wanderluster like this.
  5. wanderluster

wanderluster Curry Bling Bling

HAha. Yep.

6. drifter

But look, I'm in Thailand. I plan to travel to many different Southeast Asian countries. And Eastern Europe and South America. Eating great food, working out, dating exotic women. Living life.

I'm not spending my time screwing around with a stupid computer! Seriously. That's half the reason I switched to iPads and an ereader. I spent years lost in cyberspace and it was great. But I'm here, now.

I'm not spending the rest of my days there again. And in response to all the "oh, but you can do this..." I say no. The game's not worth the candle.

To those younger than me, life is short. So short. And I mean that. With no condescension at all. After burying far too many loved ones, I woke up and realized how terrifyingly finite our lives are.

I'll keep my gadgets to a minimum.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Skins and wanderluster like this.
  7. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

Damn I need to step my reading game up!

drifter likes this.
  8. drifter

All that time I was reading about life you were living it. So I wouldn't feel bad.

Skins likes this.
agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear