What is your Favorite Alcoholic Drink?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Skins, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

I miss the different craft beers myself. Last time I was in BKK I was kicking back tall glasses of Guiness at Hooters. Fantastic. Sometimes I get tired of the 50 local beers on ice.

kris_105 likes this.
  2. ryan754326

ryan754326 Well-Known Member

Ya, I like it. It goes down easy, keeps the hangover away, and doesn't contain 5 tablespoons of sugar in every drink you have.
    A slice of lemon or lime would be a nice touch. I always forget to ask for that.

Skins likes this.
  3. kris_105

kris_105 Well-Known Member

I am a craft beer lover and a Single malt neat or on the rocks, preferable craft beers like Duvel, leffe brune, Japanese Hitachino nest beers and a variety of of Single malts from Scotland, Japan and variant other places. I miss the craft beers bar options in BKK as i remember I went to this place in Thonglor called The Beer belly, it has more than 20 varieties of craft beer on tap and another small bar opposite the Pan pacific in thonglor called Hunts Eaterry & bar you get an IPA blend mixed with cold brew coffee. A wine lover as well, used to be frequent Visitor at the Wine connection in BKK.

4. Mikefox

Mikefox Well-Known Member

Reminds me when i was in Cebu Philippines walked past an Irish pub and thought i could murder a cold guiness, to my horror they didnt sell it, probably the most important part of an Irish pub is guiness ffs haha

Manitoba, Skins and kris_105 like this.
  5. Skins

I heard there are some good craft beer places around Thonglor but I've never been up that way at night. I will have to explore the night life there next time. Thanks for the tip.

kris_105 likes this.
  6. kris_105

kris_105 Well-Known Member

In thonglor, there are a lot of Japanese restaurants and bars, so most of the locals party there and there are a few number of clubs also.

Skins likes this.
  7. Shalabadoo

Shalabadoo Well-Known Member

I like pretty much everything.

I'm mostly a beer drinker though, I spend quite a bit of money on good imported/craft brews, but I actually like cheap local lagers too. Even light cheap Chinese beers (which foreigners here snub like condescending pricks though they drink Bud Lite back in the states) have a place in the beer hierarchy somewhere, like, you don't wanna be washing down a plate of spicy fried chicken with a $8 glass of oatmeal stout!

Every payday I order 1-2-3 bottles of strong stuff online. I like to have at least one whisky/bourbon, one rhum, one gin on my shelf, and maybe one tequila, vodka, liqueur, whatever.

Big fan of wine too though I know jack and shit about it. I'm a very bad Frenchman in that regard. I just drink it if it tastes good.

I was really into cocktails for a year or so when I lived in a Chinese city with a badass cocktail bar. The main bartender had won competitions and all that, and his drinks were fantastic. Happy hour was buy two get two, which meant I could get four cocktails for 100 yuan ($15 or so). But then I moved away, and now in the city I live I mostly frequent cheap dives where I stick to beer and occasionally Jim Beam.

drifter, Skins and kris_105 like this.
  8. Manitoba

Manitoba Well-Known Member

Try vodka soda with a twist of lemon or orange

Skins likes this.
  9. Manitoba

Manitoba Well-Known Member

I hate whisky but can and like single malt... Green label Johnny or other single malts go down well.

kris_105 likes this.
  10. Sorry to resurrect this post, but I'm also looking for options instead of drinking my two favorites liquors. BEER & CACHAÇA.

Cachaça is like the Tequila of Brazil. You drink it to get hammered and do crazy shits that you gonna regret next day. 3 shots of this and you start contacting your EX for a booty call. Only God knows what you gonna do if you drink more than that.

I'm worried about the daddy's belly I've created over the years and now I'm trying Caipirinha or Whyskey to not fuck up my Arnold Schwarzenegger's work out. :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  11. Skins

What is it with Tequila? I have the same reaction. Even a few shots mixed in with some beers makes me act like a jack ass. I tread carefully with that shit.

I like vodka with soda. Put a lime in there to give it a bit of flavor. It's boring... But it does the trick without drinking a shit load of calories and leaving me feeling fat and bloated.

Here in the Philippines these Sam Miguel lights are going down way too smooth... I can pound a 12 pack in a night like it's nothing. RIP my six pack. o_O

12. BobbyTwoTimes

BobbyTwoTimes Legendary Member

Vodka + Soda is the best for binge drinking imo. No sugar, relatively easy on the body. Usually little to no hangover

Skins and JohnnyB like this.
  13. Kote

Kote Active Member

in the states it was tequila and tonic, admittedly because it is somewhat unique

Here in Vietnam, I also avoid beer like you are starting too, because Im cutting weight. I drink the same rice wine as my vietnamese friends, usually home made

Edit: I never noticed particular jackassery from my tequila drinking. The one drink that made me an asshole was absinthe (did not drink it with the sugar/preparation if that matters)

Skins likes this.
  14. Dale

Dale Well-Known Member

Here low down South, we get a drink called Captain Morgan spiced gold. Doubles and coke you can drink a whole bottle in a good sitting. It is different to Captain Morgan Rum....smoother and sweeter, and I aint seen it any place but here. Advert has a punchline -"Would you like a little Captain in you?". This is also a good pick up line after I have had a few and am on my merry way.

Reminds me of this lil' adage - To err is human, to aaar is pirate.

Fuck I love that spice gold man, only draw back is I get very emotional the next day, and have even found myself crying while watching a kak movie.

Skins likes this.
  15. Skins

I can't do brown liquors for some reason. Probably still traumatized from when I was 15 and almost died off Jim Beam.

BobbyTwoTimes likes this.
  16. Hook

Hook Well-Known Member

when i drank hard liquor it was usually Vodka with a good quality tonic , like fever tree.
    switched to chilled white wine by day and good red at night..
    quit alcohol completely 4 months ago and have lost 20 lbs....
    lol....feeling much better health wise .
    i was never a beer drinker , and now i have a fake beer once in a while...stuff is kinda shitty but thats ok as i nurse a fake Becks for a hour or two.
    But i really did enjoy a good bottle of Amorone'.
    I had a inflammation problem with alcohol so had to make a choice.

17. kev_head

kev_head Well-Known Member

To me nothing beats a proper Gin & Tonic

Skins and BobbyTwoTimes like this.
  18. Skins

That was my drink of choice last night. And tonight I'm sipping some cold sam migs as a farewell party for alcohol. Taking a month off.

kev_head likes this.
  19. kev_head

kev_head Well-Known Member

What brand of gin do you prefer @Skins? Good luck with making it a month!

20. Skins

Think it was Bombay we were drinking? I'm not a Gin guy so I have no preference really. And shit I'm drunk off beer right now.... OK my month of sobriety starts tomorrow. :cool:

kev_head likes this.
meet sexy vietnamese girls online vietnam cupid online dating guide sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines