Where to say you are from

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Jontop, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Jontop

Jontop Active Member

Quick question for whoever cares to answer: when travelling in Asia where do you tell people (ladies) you are from? Do they have a preference?

I am a proud Irish Canadian from one of our larger cities, bilingual, well paid, and very social.

Do I say the city (good paying job)? My country (good values)? My cultural heritage (good times)?

I have heard this can make a big difference in some places.

Thoughts?

2. brockstar

brockstar Legendary Member

If ur mongering it really doesnt matter. Most of these cock monkeys couldnt point out California on a US map. I always say USA, regardless. If Im talking to another foreigner I say California. Whatever you do dont say INDIA, cos India man stink! :oops:

JohnnyB and LadLife like this.
  3. Jontop

Jontop Active Member

Good to know. I had no intention of saying India, they would know I was lying the moment I mention toilets or soap!

Where in Cali? I have family there too.

4. drifter

drifter Well-Known Member

Just say America. They love that. I know that includes Canada and Mexico, as well as Central and South America. But to Asians, they assume that's the US and that's what they like to hear.

The only problem with that is they assume you've got money and aren't too bright.

shandy likes this.
  5. bkkyolo

bkkyolo Well-Known Member

Most girls in SEA will have no idea what Ireland is. They would not know one single canadian city. Maybe no more than 3 us cities. So "america" or "canada" is good enough.

jspill, southernallstars and Jontop like this.
  6. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Legendary Member

In Pattaya I tell them "Farangland" and see how long it takes them to get the joke ;)

Ghengis and Skins like this.
  7. drifter

drifter Well-Known Member

Has any Thai got the joke yet?

To me the Thai have only a couple of distinctions in their minds: Thai, not Thai (but with money), and not Thai (poor).

ryan754326 likes this.
  8. tc_pattaya

tc_pattaya Legendary Member

The ones with a good sense of humor usually get it right away.

drifter likes this.
  9. Jontop

Jontop Active Member

Ha ok. Well first assumption would be correct I suppose in comparison, the second depends on the time of night lol.

Thanks!

10. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

I tell these bitches the truth. Cleveland, Ohio! :D

drifter and Jontop like this.
  11. Jontop

Jontop Active Member

Cleveland rocks! Cleveland rocks! Ohio! Sorry, I miss the Drew Carey show lol.

Thanks!

Skins likes this.
  12. Dale

Dale Well-Known Member

If you tell them you are from Ireland in Thailand, they will ask.....which one- Samui or Phi Phi ?

13. Jontop

Jontop Active Member

That is amazing lol

14. Dale

Dale Well-Known Member

Go to Philippines and tell them you are from America, you might as well start getting your condom....they all aspire to be American (or have some American in them).

15. Skins

Skins Head Nigga in Charge Staff Member

Fantastic.

LadLife likes this.
  16. LadLife

LadLife Well-Known Member

haha , I know your steaming to get there.

Skins likes this.
  17. jspill

jspill Well-Known Member

They're just making small talk before you slip them the D so as long as it's a country they've heard of, just don't make the convo too confusing

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

drifter likes this.
  18. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Well-Known Member

Oh god, the Mistake On The Lake?! Good for you to flee at the earliest opportunity. I worked a contract their several years back... the people aren't very friendly.

19. JohnnyB

* I did meet this black woman who owned a cool wine shop in Canton. We got super drunk talking about factories closing down and only o&g companies moving in for the Utica play. She was on my level. But I'm from the South and prefer black people over white union members all day long.

20. JohnnyB

Serious - if they are dumb, say you are from Mars sent to repopulate an ancient alien species. If they are smart, just lie to them and judge how their mind works. If you want to discuss geography, say you are from Texas.

agoda banner ad hotel best vpn 2017 tunnel bear sexy thai girls online best dating site in the philippines